New Year. New California Employment Laws.
As expected, California enacted new laws that will affect the day-to-day operations of California employers in 2016.
Some of these new laws make important changes to existing state law. Other mandates make small changes to different parts of existing law or may only affect certain types of employers, such as employers with piece-rate workers.
CalChamber's free "An Overview of New 2016 Laws Affecting California Employers" white paper identifies more noteworthy new legislation, including:
- The Fair Pay Act which makes changes to California's gender wage equality laws
- Amendments to California's anti-retaliation protections
- Expanded enforcement powers for the Labor Commissioner
- Plus, new laws relating to wage-and-hour issues, workers' compensation and other key employment areas
- See more at: http://www.calchamber.com/hrcalifornia/Pages/new-laws-2016.aspx#sthash.Wb5mAHmu.dpuf