US Chamber weekly update:

Nov 04, 2016
US Chamber weekly update:

Chamber Friends, 

Below is the weekly update of items published by the U.S. Chamber between Wednesday, October 26th and Friday, November 4th.  

Action Items:

  • Letter Urging Action to Reform Mandatory Spending Programs - One issue that has been notably absent from the campaign trail is how to address our country's imminent entitlement crisis, soon to be the biggest single threat to our fiscal future.  Last year alone, mandatory government spending (which pays for entitlements and interest) accounted for 78 percent of government spending.  Recent updates from the Congressional Budget Office indicate that left unchecked, this number will grow to 96 percent by 2026 -- leaving only 4 percent for everything else, which includes highways, education, and defense.  It's time we let our leaders know that we intend to hold them accountable to address this crisis.  Therefore, we're asking you to add your organization's name to a letter to the next president and members of the 115th Congress to let them know we expect real progress, and we're here to work with them.  Many thanks to those that have already signed on!  Click here to read the letter and add your organization's name.  The deadline to sign on is Wednesday, November 30.

Upcoming Events:

  • Winter Institute 2017 – Registration is now open for Winter Institute, which will be held in Tucson, AZ on January 4-8, 2017.  Click here to register. 

Recent Postings to www.USChamber.com, www.FreeEnterprise.com and www.WorkforceFreedom.com:

VOTE FOR JOBS

TO THE NEXT PRESIDENT:

REGULATIONS

LABOR

LEGAL REFORM

TRADE

ENERGY

CYBERSECURITY

ENTITLEMENT REFORM

HEALTHCARE

IMMIGRATION REFORM

FREE ENTERPRISE

 

Recent U.S. Chamber Press Releases

 

Jennings Imel

Executive Director, Western Region

jimel@uschamber.com

Cell: (818) 321-1883

Office: (818) 884-0702

 

Posted in Featured Articles.